Thursday, May 3, 2018

New OSR Products at RPGNow/DTRPG — May 2nd, 2018

One of the troubles with the current sale is I can't find anything I really want to buy. I keep looking at the Advanced Adventures stuff, but even on sale it's overpriced because most of them are crap (though maybe things have gotten better without Alphonso Warden). The AS&SH adventures are also surprisingly bad and now even the art is awful, with that comic book look.

So much else is for low levels and/or written for 0e or B/X, while characters in my 1e game are 7th-8th. Obviously I can upscale, but at a certain point it's easier just to buy a map and stock it myself.

Adventures


The Hall of the Gnome King -  For S&W which doesn't have gnomes, so I'm not sure what to expect from this.. 28 pages, $1.99

Tomb of the Lovelorn - Danish low level LL adventure, now in English. $1.95 and 19 pages, previous modules in the series are apparently discounting due to the sale, but not this.  110 pages, $10

Rules


Malevolent & Benign II -  150 new 1e monsters. The first one was a compilation of monsters from the first 20 or so Advanced Adventures modules, plus some 3e conversions, presumably this is the same. .

SR3 Knightly Tournaments -  Rules for jousting. 22 pages, $7.50

The Little Book of Adventuring Classes Vol 1 - This seems to bring 3.x style racial prestige classes (though not the actual 3.x classes) to S&W, only I guess as base classes.  "Dwarven Bloodstormer"? Ugh.  44 pages, $2.99

Warriors of the Lost Planet -  Guidelines for adapting the excellent Warriors of the Red Planet to Tekumel. Free

Misc


Castle Oldskull Mega Bundle 2 -  Millions of random tables of gibberish for only $51.73, all in very large type so each table takes 15 pages. I sometimes think these are parody products.

RPGPundit Presents #29 - The Azure Order of Wizards - I have no idea, probably makes sense if you are a fan of his. 12 pages, $1.99. I also sometimes think these are parody products.

No comments:

Post a Comment