Friday, April 12, 2019

New OSR Products at DTRPG — April 11th, 2019

No review this week. Was working on one, but then I got robbed on Wednesday. Nothing major, really, 2 guys in a white truck comes in. I thought they were someone else, a guy who cuts my hay (he's got a white truck and I live on an old 100 acre farm) so I ignore it as he goes and goes at least once a week. Then about 15 minutes later, it comes flying out and I notice it's full of my furniture that I kept in an old shed (no room inside).  I yell at them, get out of the way of the truck, then chase them futilely.

As they were mostly family old heirlooms (most notably being an old 5' globe from the 1800s and an old sea chest of my grandfather's), I wasn't ever going to sell them and so I have nothing to replace. But it's left me shaken up.  The whole brazenness of it, driving up and taking stuff while the owner is at home. And then I wonder if I should have been more suspicious.

And then I get angry because they had a newer truck than I do. And the local police didn't even call back, who knows if I will ever hear or get a visit from them.


Official


Polyhedron 40, 41, 42, and 43 -  These are from when the Living City dominated the magazine. 99 cents each.

Rules


Dungeons Nights -  Sadly, not a soap opera about the torrid romances that monsters have, but another "modern" take on the OSR. 59 pages, PWYW

RPPP Medieval Authentic (TM) Aristocracy - I think this really depends on what country. But whatever. 20 pages, $2.99

SCA1 The Best of Cavalier Attitude - Haven't been impressed by his adventures, but his zine is pretty good. This includes his take on the scout class (which was actually a very late 1e class from Dragon). 56 pages, $7.50

Misc


Psionic Platypus Vol 1 -  Apparently a one page zine. PWYW

Wilderlands of the Magic Relams, Revised Guidebook -  Doesn't this come out (again) every 6 months? Update of the old Judges Guild setting $4.99, 38 pages, also available in print.

Color Maps for above -

No comments:

Post a Comment